Duke TIP Community Standard
- I will take full advantage of the academic and social opportunities provided by Duke TIP. I will apply myself to the best of my ability in my studies and participate fully in social activities and Duke TIP community life.
- I will not lie, cheat, steal, or plagiarize in my academic and social endeavors, nor will I support the actions of those who do.
- I understand that Duke TIP policies have been developed to promote the safety and enjoyment of the program for all participants. I will adhere to these policies and follow the direction of Duke TIP staff members.
- I will be honest, responsible and fair in all my activities as a Duke TIP participant. I will conduct myself in a manner that is respectful of other students, Duke TIP staff, and the staff and property of the host site. I understand that harassment, intimidation, and bullying will not be tolerated.
- I will share in the responsibility of maintaining an environment where individual actions do not violate the integrity of the community. I will accept responsibility for my own actions and accept the consequences of those actions.
- I will view Duke TIP as a community and will recognize the commonalities and respect the differences that make each student unique. I will abide by Duke University's nondiscrimination policy regarding race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, genetic information, and age.
Summer Studies is a three-week residential program for high-achieving students in grades seven through ten. Taking place at thirteen college campuses across the country over two different summer sessions, the programs provide the social and intellectual stimulus that gifted students need.
New to Summer Studies? Look for this banner and select it for advice from other parents on how to make the most of your child's Duke TIP experience:
- Parent Advice
Throughout this section of our website, you can access advice from actual Duke TIP parents by clicking on the blue banner above. Their advice will then appear in a box of text like this one. If you would like to talk to a TIP parent directly, to hear what they have to say about the Summer Studies experience before you decide to apply, you are welcome to take advantage of our Parent Ambassador Program. Simply submit a request using this form and you will be contacted by a parent whose child attended the program last year.