After You Apply
- Student Video
When will I find out my application status?
- We will notify you of your admissions status via email within two weeks of receiving your completed application and all necessary documentation. Please note that all program-related emails are sent to the primary parent email address entered on the student’s program application.
- If you have not received an email notification within two weeks of submitting your student’s application, to the primary parent address listed on their application, please sign into your My TIP account to see if your student has been placed or wait-listed.
If you’re placed
Once you’ve received notification that you have been placed in a Summer Studies course, you will need to access your My TIP account to
- see course placement and financial aid award (if applicable);
- accept or decline your placement within a week of notification (you must pay the required deposit when accepting the placement);
- complete the required forms;
- pay program fees; and
- access other important course and campus information (available in May).
Once you’ve logged into your My TIP account, look at Applications and Enrollments under My Information to find details of your placement. Remember that you will need to accept your placement and pay your program fee within one week of receiving your placement offer.
For many courses, we receive more applications than we have spots for each year. For example, one of our sites received 647 applications on the first day of registration for 448 seats. That’s why we strongly recommend listing more than one course of interest on your application—it will increase your chances of being placed in a course.
- Parent Advice
Some of the best experiences my kid has had were in her second pick. Remember the class is important, but there is SO much more to the Summer Studies experience than the class. –Mylene M., TIP Parent, Texas
- Student Video
To give students an opportunity to attend if any admitted students withdraw, we maintain a wait-list for each course. If you are wait-listed, please consider the following:
- You will be placed on the wait-list of every course you rank on your application.
- Each student is assigned a wait-list number for each course based on the day they applied or declined their placement and requested to be placed on the wait-list. You can check your wait-list numbers on your completed application on your My TIP account.
- You may add more courses to your application.To add or update courses, log into your My TIP account, find your application, and select Update/Add Course Selections. Please keep in mind courses with a status of Open indicate that, at the time of application, the course has open seats. However, this does not guarantee placement. Applications are not processed in real time and multiple students may select the open course for consideration of placement.
- We will place students on the wait-list until three weeks prior to the start of each term.
- Should you be placed in a course, you will be removed from all other wait-lists. You cannot be placed in a course and on a wait-list at the same time.
Unfortunately, because it depends on factors out of our control, we cannot provide more specific information about how long you might be wait-listed or how likely it is that you will be offered a placement. Those decisions are dependent on other students canceling.
We have created an Opportunity Guide that lists alternate educational programs for gifted students in order to aid families who wish to explore other options.
New to Summer Studies? Look for these banners and select them for advice from other parents and students on how to make the most of your Duke TIP experience:
- Parent Advice
Throughout this section of our website, you can access advice from actual Duke TIP parents by clicking on the blue banner above. Their advice will then appear in a box of text like this one.