Cost and Financial Aid
The 2020 program cost for eStudies is $875. However, the out-of-pocket program cost for individual families may range from $375 to $875, depending on eligibility for financial aid.
Payment plans are offered and financial aid may be available to those who qualify and apply while funding is available. All applicants must pay a nonrefundable $25 application fee to cover the cost of processing an application.
|Enrollment deposit due||Within one week of receiving placement notification|
|Full payment due / cancellation deadline||Within three weeks of receiving placement notification|
Full refund: Five weeks or more prior before assigned program dates
50 percent refund: Between five weeks before assigned program dates and the end of the first program week
No refund: After the first week of the program
Deposit, fee, and payment information
- Once each student is placed in a program, a nonrefundable enrollment deposit of $100 is due.
- Fees and deposits may be paid by credit card, check, e-check, or money order. Payment by check authorizes Duke University to make a onetime electronic fund transfer from your account. These funds may be withdrawn from your account as soon as the date of receipt. Once the electronic transfer is made, your canceled check will be destroyed.
- Returned checks will result in a $25 processing charge.
Duke TIP allows families to establish a payment plan for the program fee. Individuals interested must contact Duke TIP at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss payment plan options. Payment plans will vary based on the family’s needs, total balance due, date of program, and date plan is established.
- Students who withdraw from the program at least five weeks prior to the start of the program dates will receive a full refund of the program fees, minus the nonrefundable enrollment deposit.
- Students who withdraw between five weeks prior to the program date and the end of the first week of the program will have 50 percent of their program fees refunded, minus the nonrefundable enrollment deposit.
- After the first week, no refunds will be issued for students who fail to participate in the course or who are dismissed from the program.
- Exceptions, for up to a 50 percent refund, for students who withdrawal three weeks or less prior to their assigned term, will only be made if
- the student is hospitalized during the duration of the program,
- the student requires follow-up care from a recent hospitalization during the duration of the program, or
- there is a death in the student’s immediate family (i.e., parent, guardian, or sibling).
- All other withdrawals, including students who are dismissed from the program, will not receive a refund.
- Program fees are nontransferable and the application fee is nonrefundable.
(Not accepting applications) This seven-week program for seventh through tenth graders takes place during the summer. Students join an online class of twenty-four and are led in high school- or college-level coursework by an expert instructor who oversees discussions, live video meetings, and peer-to-peer interaction.