Textbooks and initial instructions mailed to students
June 4–July 24
Please read these instructions carefully.
Step 1: Sign into your My TIP account
My TIP is our new program application system, debuting for 2020 programs. It is separate from the talent search application system you used previously, and you must create a new account in My TIP.
Please note: If you have not participated before, you may request a TIP ID with our request tool. Domestic US students will need to submit their ACT or SAT scores to complete the request. International students should refer the International Students page for documentation needed as part of their request for a TIP ID.
Step 2: Identify and rank your preferred courses
- You will be enrolled in one course for the entire term.
- You can identify up to twenty courses you are interested in and rank them from most preferred to least preferred.
- Before you choose, you must determine your qualification level on our eligibility page. (If a course has additional eligibility criteria, it will be noted in the course description.) Our application system will only allow you to apply for courses for which you are qualified.
- The more courses you rank, the better your chances are you will be accepted to the program; however, please only list courses you really intend to accept. Listing only one choice does not increase your chances of being placed in that course.
- If your first choice is unavailable, you will be placed in your next highest-ranked available option or wait-listed if none of your courses are available.
Step 3: Complete a program application in My TIP.
Important things to know
Spaces fill quickly, so apply early in the registration period.
- Applications are not time-stamped, and are not processed in real time.
- We process applications in a three-day batch the first week of registration. After the first week, applications are processed in daily batches. Applications are randomly processed within each batch.
- If you would like to amend your course choices, you may do so between the time you submitted your program application and 11:59 p.m. (ET) the day you submitted it by logging into your My TIP account and selecting “Update/Add Course Selections” on your completed application.
- Because applications are not processed in real time, being able to select a course does not mean there are open seats.
- Applying does not guarantee placement into the program.
- If you are applying for financial aid, you must submit a financial aid application prior to or in conjunction with your program application. You will not be able to submit a program application before completing your financial aid application. For information on how to apply for financial aid, please refer to How to Apply for Financial Aid.
- Due to the time commitment needed to be successful in an eStudies course, we do not allow students to participate in more than one per summer.
Step 4: After submitting your application
To know what to expect after applying, please visit After You Apply.
This seven-week program for seventh through tenth graders takes place during the summer. Students join an online class of twenty-four and are led in high school- or college-level coursework by an expert instructor who oversees discussions, live video meetings, and peer-to-peer interaction.