- Computer running one of the following operating systems:
- Window 7 or newer
- Mac OSX 10.10 or newer
- ChromeOS, such as Chromebooks
- Mobile devices cannot be used to complete the eInvestigators Program
- 1 GB RAM available
- 2 GHz or faster processor
- Consistently reliable internet with at least 2k kbps available bandwidth
- Chrome browser, latest two versions, cookies enabled
- Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player (version 11.2 or higher)—both are free to download
- Speakers or headphones to hear instructors during live meetings; although not required, a USB headset with microphone is encouraged so that students can speak during the meeting
- A webcam is also encouraged for an optimal live meeting experience, though students can participate without one
- Consistent and reliable access to the Google domain if traveling to or living in countries that restrict web access—students cannot successfully complete this program without reliable access to Google
If students encounter difficulties with accessing their course, live meetings, or digital materials, they should first contact their instructor. Guides and technical support documents can also be found at TIPonline.duke.edu.
If students are having difficulty with their hardware or with software unrelated to TIP-provided tools, they will need to seek technical assistance from the computer or software manufacturer.
eInvestigators is a month-long online program for fourth, fifth, and sixth graders that takes place each year in the spring, summer, and fall. Using leading-edge instructional technology, participants collaborate with a small group of classmates and an expert Lead Investigator to collect clues about a real-life mystery, analyze evidence, and propose theories.