Program Cost and Financial Aid
The program cost for eInvestigators is $295. However, the out-of-pocket program cost for individual families may range from $120 to $295, depending on eligibility for financial aid.
|Full payment due||Within one week of receiving placement notification|
Full refund: Four weeks or more prior to assigned program dates
50 percent refund: Between four weeks before assigned program dates and the end of the first program week
No refund: After the first week of the program
Fee and payment information
- There is a nonrefundable $10 application fee.
- Fees may be paid by check, credit card, or money order. Payment by check authorizes Duke University to make a onetime electronic fund transfer from your account. These funds may be withdrawn from your account as soon as the date of receipt. Once the electronic transfer is made, your canceled check will be destroyed.
- Returned checks will result in a $25 processing charge.
Duke TIP allows families to establish a payment plan for the program fee. Individuals interested must contact Duke TIP at email@example.com to discuss payment plan options. Payment plans will vary based on the family’s needs, total balance due, date of program, and date plan is established.
- Students who withdraw from the program at least four weeks prior to the start of the program dates will receive a full refund of the program fees, minus the nonrefundable enrollment deposit.
- Students who withdraw between four weeks prior to the program date and the end of the first week of the program will have 50 percent of their program fees refunded, minus the nonrefundable enrollment deposit.
- No refund will be issued for students who withdraw after the first five days of the program
Exceptions may be made if
the student is hospitalized during the duration of the program,
the student requires follow-up care from a recent hospitalization during the duration of the program, or
there is a death in the student’s immediate family (i.e., parent, guardian, or sibling).
All other withdrawals, including students who are dismissed from the program, will not receive a refund.
Program fees are nontransferable and the application fee is nonrefundable.
eInvestigators is a month-long online program for fourth, fifth, and sixth graders that takes place each year in the spring, summer, and fall. Using leading-edge instructional technology, participants collaborate with a small group of classmates and an expert Lead Investigator to collect clues about a real-life mystery, analyze evidence, and propose theories.