Important dates for 2020
|Application opens for spring term||December 5|
|Payment deadline||One week after placement|
|Term dates||February 13–March 15|
|Application opens for summer terms||April 1|
|Summer Term 1||May 28–June 28|
|Summer Term 2||July 9–August 9|
Please read these instructions carefully.
Step 1: Sign into your My TIP account
My TIP is our new program application system, debuting for 2020 programs. It is separate from the talent search application system you used previously, and you must create a new account in My TIP.
Step 2: Identify and rank your preferred cases
- You will be enrolled in one case for the entire term.
- You can identify up to twenty cases you are interested in and rank them from most preferred to least preferred.
- The more choices you indicate, the better your chances are to be accepted to the program. However, please only list cases in which you are willing to accept placement. Listing only one choice does not increase your chances of being placed.
- If your first choice is unavailable, you will be placed in your next highest-ranked available option or wait-listed if none of your cases are available.
Step 3: Complete a program application in My TIP.
Please note: Duke TIP no longer offers paper applications. All applications must be submitted via your My TIP account.
Important things to know
- Spaces fill quickly, so apply early in the registration period.
- Applications are not time-stamped, and are not processed in real time.
- We process applications in a three-day batch the first week of registration. After the first week, applications are processed in daily batches. Applications are randomly processed within each batch.
- If you would like to amend your case choices, you may do so between the time you submitted your program application and 11:59 p.m. (ET) the day you submitted it by logging into your My TIP account and selecting “Update/Add Course Selections” on your completed application.
- Because applications are not processed in real time, being able to select a course does not mean there are open seats.
- Applying does not guarantee placement into the program.
- If you are applying for financial aid, you must submit a financial aid application prior to or in conjunction with your program application. You will not be able to submit a program application before completing your financial aid application. For information on how to apply for financial aid, please refer to How to Apply for Financial Aid.
- You may submit multiple applications online, if you wish to attend more than one term.
- You can only receive one placement per application.
Step 4: Review your application for completeness and accuracy.
To know what to expect after applying, please visit After You Apply.
eInvestigators is a month-long online program for fourth, fifth, and sixth graders that takes place each year in the spring, summer, and fall. Using leading-edge instructional technology, participants collaborate with a small group of classmates and an expert Lead Investigator to collect clues about a real-life mystery, analyze evidence, and propose theories.