Duke TIP Community Standard
- I will take full advantage of the academic and social opportunities provided by Duke TIP. I will apply myself to the best of my ability in my studies and participate fully in social activities and Duke TIP community life.
- I will not lie, cheat, steal, or plagiarize in my academic and social endeavors, nor will I support the actions of those who do.
- I understand that Duke TIP policies have been developed to promote the safety and enjoyment of the program for all participants. I will adhere to these policies and follow the direction of Duke TIP staff members.
- I will be honest, responsible and fair in all my activities as a Duke TIP participant. I will conduct myself in a manner that is respectful of other students, Duke TIP staff, and the staff and property of the host site. I understand that harassment, intimidation, and bullying will not be tolerated.
- I will share in the responsibility of maintaining an environment where individual actions do not violate the integrity of the community. I will accept responsibility for my own actions and accept the consequences of those actions.
- I will view Duke TIP as a community and will recognize the commonalities and respect the differences that make each student unique. I will abide by Duke University's nondiscrimination policy regarding race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, genetic information, and age.
CRISIS is a residential summer program for fifth and sixth graders enrolled in TIP’s 4th–6th Grade Talent Search. The program lasts one week and takes place at five college campuses. Students assume the role of a professional on a specific occupation-based research team, collaborate with their peers, and participate in activities that build their academic, leadership, and teamwork skills.