The 2020 program cost for CRISIS is $1,520. However, the out-of-pocket program cost for individual families may range from $520 to $1,520, depending on eligibility for financial aid.
Payment plans are offered and financial aid may be available to those who qualify and apply while funding is available. All applicants must pay a nonrefundable $30 application fee to cover the cost of processing an application.
|Enrollment deposit due||Within one week of receiving placement notification|
|Full payment due||
Within four weeks of receiving placement notification
Full refund: Five weeks or more prior before assigned program dates
50 percent refund: Three to five weeks before assigned program dates
No refund: Within three weeks of assigned program dates
Deposit, fee, and payment information
- Once each student is placed in a program, a nonrefundable enrollment deposit of $100 is due.
- This enrollment deposit is applied to the program fee.
- Families are responsible for transportation cost to and from the program site.
- Students who request a course, site, or term change after being placed will be charged a $25 transfer fee per transfer. Transfer fees are nonrefundable.
- Fees and deposits may be paid by credit card, check, e-check, or money order. Payment by check authorizes Duke University to make a onetime electronic fund transfer from your account. These funds may be withdrawn from your account as soon as the date of receipt. Once the electronic transfer is made, your canceled check will be destroyed.
- Returned checks will result in a $25 processing charge.
Duke TIP allows families to establish a payment plan for the program fee. Individuals interested must contact Duke TIP at email@example.com to discuss payment plan options. Payment plans will vary based on the family’s needs, total balance due, date of program, and date plan is established.
- Students who withdraw from the program at least five weeks prior to the start of their assigned term dates will receive a full refund of the program fees, minus the nonrefundable enrollment deposit.
- Students who withdraw within three to five weeks prior to their assigned term dates will received a 50 percent refund of their program fees, minus the nonrefundable enrollment deposit.
- No refund will be issued for students who withdraw three weeks or less prior to the start of their assigned term dates.
- Exceptions, for up to a 50 percent refund, for students who withdrawal three weeks or less prior to their assigned term, will only be made if
- the student is hospitalized during the duration of the program,
- the student requires follow-up care from a recent hospitalization during the duration of the program, or
- there is a death in the student’s immediate family (i.e., parent, guardian, or sibling).
- All other withdrawals, including students who are dismissed from the program, will not receive a refund.
- Program fees are nontransferable and the application fee is nonrefundable under any circumstance.
CRISIS is a residential summer program for fifth and sixth graders. Students assume the role of professionals and collaborate with their peers to solve a hypothetical community crisis