After You Apply
When will I find out my application status?
- We will notify you of your admissions status via email within two weeks of receiving your completed application and all necessary documentation. Please note that all program-related emails are sent to the primary parent email address entered on the student’s program application.
- If you have not received an email notification within two weeks of submitting your student’s application, to the primary parent address listed on their application, please sign into your My TIP account to see if your student has been placed or wait-listed.
If you’re placed
Once you’ve received notification that your student has been placed on a CRISIS team, you will need to access your My TIP account to
- see course placement and financial aid award (if applicable);
- accept or decline your placement within a week of notification—you must pay the required deposit when accepting the placement;
- complete the required forms;
- pay program fees; and
- access other important course and campus information (available in May).
Once you’ve logged into your My TIP account, look at Applications and Enrollments under My Information to find details of your placement. Remember that you will need to accept your placement and pay your program fee within one week of receiving your placement offer.
For many courses, we receive more applications than we have spots for each year. For example, one of our sites received 647 applications on the first day of registration for 448 seats. That’s why we strongly recommend listing more than one course of interest on your application—it will increase your chances of being placed in a course.
To give students an opportunity to attend if any admitted students withdraw, we maintain a wait-list for each course. If you are wait-listed, keep the following in mind:
- You will be placed on the wait-list of every course you rank on your application.
- Each student is assigned a wait-list number for each course based on the day they applied or declined their placement and requested to be placed on the wait-list. You can check your wait-list numbers on your completed application on your My TIP account.
- You may add more courses to your application. To add or update courses, log into your My TIP account, find your application, and select Update/Add Course Selections. Please keep in mind courses with a status of Open indicate that, at the time of application, the course has open seats. However, this does not guarantee placement. Applications are not processed in real time and multiple students may select the open course for consideration of placement.
- We will place students on the wait-list until three weeks prior to the start of each term.
- Should you be placed in a course, you will be removed from all other wait-lists. You cannot be placed in a course and on a wait-list at the same time.
Unfortunately, because it depends on factors out of our control, we cannot provide more specific information about how long you might be wait-listed or how likely it is that you will be offered a placement. Those decisions are dependent on other students canceling.
We have created an Opportunity Guide to help students explore other options, if attending a TIP program isn’t possible.
CRISIS is a residential summer program for fifth and sixth graders. Students assume the role of professionals and collaborate with their peers to solve a hypothetical community crisis