Please read the following Participation Agreement for Duke TIP’s 7th Grade Talent Search. Parents or legal guardians will sign this agreement while enrolling their students in the program, indicating acceptance of the policies stated.
- I give permission for my student to participate in Duke TIP’s Talent Search, including the enrollment and testing process and any recognition ceremony to which the student may be invited.
- I have read and understand the program as presently described at tip.duke.edu/7gts and have discussed it with my student. I certify that my student meets the eligibility requirements to enroll.
- I understand that all fees are nonrefundable.
- I understand that talent search enrollments that do not have payment or approved financial aid documentation will be closed.
- I understand that Duke TIP can have only one mailing address associated with a student’s record and that address will be the one listed on the student’s enrollment form.
- I have read and understand the applicable testing policies for the ACT or SAT available at tip.duke.edu/ACTpolicy and tip.duke.edu/SATpolicy.
- I give permission to Duke TIP to transmit my student’s ACT or SAT test registration (including parent email address) to the appropriate testing agency.
- I understand that Duke TIP will report my student’s ACT or SAT test scores to my student’s current school only.
- I understand that testing completed after February may preclude the student from applying to TIP’s summer programs the summer after seventh grade, should the student qualify, because of the summer program application period.
- I understand that testing must be completed by the end of March to receive an invitation to a recognition ceremony, should the student qualify. Students who test after February may have fewer ceremony location options available to them.
- I agree that photographs or video taken of my student during the program and products created and produced by my student during the program may be used in Duke TIP products, publications, websites, or social media channels (e.g. Facebook or YouTube), or by organizations approved by Duke TIP.
Students qualify for the 7th Grade Talent Search by scoring at or above the 95th percentile on a grade-level standardized test. Enrollment provides benefits that last through the end of high school, including the opportunity to take the ACT or SAT, specialized publications, college prep advice, and access to educational programs.