Students in fourth, fifth, or sixth grade may qualify for the 4th–6th Grade Talent Search through one of three methods:
- Scoring at or above the 95th percentile on an accepted grade-level national standardized achievement or abilities test
- Scoring at or above the 95th percentile on a state assessment
- Scoring 125 or above (full scale or composite) on an accepted IQ test
- Students only need to meet the criteria on one approved subtest-area or on the composite to be eligible for the program.
- Students may qualify using scores from any time in the past two years—for example a fifth grader may use scores from either third or fourth grades.
- If the most recent test results for your state haven’t been released by September 2018, remember you can use your student’s 2017 scores.
You can use our look-up tool to find accepted tests, subtests, and scores to see if your student qualifies.
If you believe your student qualifies but can't find the test you're looking for, please email us at email@example.com with the test, subtest, and score in question, and we'll let you know if the test is accepted.
Students qualify for the 4th–6th Grade Talent Search by achieving a score in the 95th percentile or higher on a qualifying exam. Once enrolled, participants receive access to optional above-level testing, enrichment activities, specialized publications, and eligibility to apply to TIP’s educational programs.