Grand Ceremony Schedule
Grand Recognition Ceremony
Cameron Indoor Stadium
Monday, May 21, 2018 at 1:30 p.m.
Information sessions take place at Penn Pavilion on Duke University's West Campus, within walking distance of the ceremony site and recommended parking lot. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis so please arrive early, as seating is limited. The sessions will begin at 9:15 a.m. and will end no later than 11:30 a.m. All sessions will be recorded and sent to attendees over the summer for those who are not able to attend.
The ceremony will take place at Cameron Indoor Stadium on Duke University's West Campus. The ceremony will start promptly at 1:30 p.m. and is usually over between 3 and 3:30 p.m.
- There is no preset dress code for the ceremony, but most students opt for semiformal attire. This means the young men typically wear shirts and ties, with many wearing suit coats, while the young ladies usually wear dresses or an equivalent nice outfit. Keep in mind that students must walk across the stage to accept their medals, so shoes should be comfortable.
- Free parking is available. Please check back for additional details.
- You do not need tickets for the ceremony.
- There is assigned seating for the students being honored on the main floor. Guests will sit in the upper balcony. Seats are on a first-come, first-served basis, so please arrive early for the best seating selection. However, keep in mind that this is the same venue where the Duke University Blue Devils play their basketball games, so sight lines are good and you should be able to enjoy the ceremony wherever you sit.
- There is an on-site punch-and-cookies reception immediately following the ceremony. It will be held outdoors in front of Cameron Indoor Stadium if the weather is good.
- Check out our ceremony FAQs.
2800 Campus Walk Ave., Durham, NC 27705
Rooms at the group rate are available Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. For hotel reservations call (800) 633-5379 and ask for the Duke TIP group rate. The reduced rate is $139 plus tax on Saturday and $109 plus tax on Sunday and Monday. Please make your reservation by April 30, 2018.
2102 W. Main St., Durham, NC 27705
Rooms at the group rate are available Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. For hotel reservations call (877) 782-9444 and ask for the Duke TIP Grand Recognition Ceremony group rate; to book your room online, use this link. Use group code DTIP. Please make your reservation by April 30, 2018, to receive the discounted rate of $119 plus tax.
200 Airgate Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560
Rooms at the group rate available Sunday night only. For hotel reservations call (919) 405-2400 and ask for the G-DUTP group rate. For online booking, go to www.hyatt.com, search for Hyatt Place Raleigh-Durham Airport, and enter the date of stay and the G-DUTI group code. Please make your reservation by April 30, 2018, to receive the discounted rate of $119 plus tax.
Note: Hyatt Place RDU is located a half-mile from the Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU) and provides a complimentary airport shuttle service for their guests.
Students qualify for the 7th Grade Talent Search by scoring at or above the 95th percentile on a grade-level standardized test. Enrollment provides benefits that last through the end of high school, including the opportunity to take the ACT or SAT, specialized publications, college prep advice, and access to educational programs.