This pretest will help you and your mentor determine what knowledge and skills of algebra 1 that you have. The pretest should be challenging, as Duke TIP courses are developed for gifted students who are interested in accelerating and enriching their learning.
This assessment should be a snapshot of your current knowledge prior to taking the course.
- Complete each quiz question carefully.
- Do not use any outside sources while taking this assessment. For example, do not look for answers on the Internet or in other electronic sources, read print sources, or ask others for help.
You can check your answers and view your score as you work; you can also print your results using the Print Score Summary form at the bottom of the page.
Let's get started and find out what you know about algebra 1. A score below 80 percent indicates that you would benefit from taking this course.
Take the Pretest
1. Order of Operations
2. Solving Linear Equations
3. Rate of Change
4. Graphing Linear Equations
5. Solving Inequalities in One Variable
6. Graphing Linear Inequalities
7. Solving Literal Equations
8. Systems of Equations
9. Evaluating Functions
10. Simplifying Expressions with Negative Exponents
11. Graphing Exponential Functions
12. Exponential Growth and Decay
13. Simplifying Polynomials
14. Multiplying Polynomials
15. Solving Quadratic Equations
16. Rewriting Complex Fractions
17. Average Speed
18. Dividing Rational Expressions
19. Solving Rational Inequalities
20. Work Problems
21. Solving Equations Containing Radicals
22. Rational Exponents
23. Rationalizing the Denominator
24. Pythagorean Theorem
25. Solving Quadratic Equations
26. Solving Linear Inequalities
27. Graphing Important Functions
28. Solving Nonlinear Systems
29. Compositions of Functions
30. Shifting Curves Along Axes
31. Finding the Inverse of a Function
32. Curve Fitting with Linear Models
33. Solving a Quadratic Geometry Problem
You may print a score summary using the form below.
Thank you for your interest in Duke TIP Independent Learning. If you would like to learn more about our Algebra 1 Independent Learning course, please visit our website.
After finishing this lesson, complete the form below: