Ways to Give
What you need to know about Gifts to Duke TIP
- Gifts to Duke TIP are tax deductible and make it possible for even more academically gifted children to realize their full potential.
- We are grateful for your support of our mission.
- Every gift, regardless of the amount, can make a difference in a child’s life.
- 100 percent of your charitable gift supports need-based student financial aid.
- Duke TIP is a nonprofit and your charitable gift is tax deductible. The Duke TIP IRS Employer Identification Number (EIN) is 56-0532129.
How to make a gift
- by mail: Friends of Duke TIP | 300 Fuller Street | Durham, NC 27701
- by phone: (919) 684-8931.
- via a gift of stock: www.stockgifts.duke.edu
- monthly contributions: Duke offers monthly giving options through payroll deductions or bank account transfers. You can also set up a monthly giving plan using a credit or debit card at Friends of Duke TIP.
For additional information, please contact Vicki Rennecker-Nakayoshi at email@example.com or call her at (919) 684-8931.
Annual Fund (Friends of Duke TIP)
Your gift to the Friends of Duke TIP fund provides us with vital financial assistance to academically talented students who would otherwise be unable to attend TIP programs. Your contribution, regardless of the size, helps these TIP students enjoy one of the most powerful and motivating experiences of their lives.
Many TIP alumni, parents, and friends have funded an annual named scholarship with a minimum gift of $4,500 or more to provide Duke TIP students with the opportunity to participate in summer programs. We will identify qualified students who would not otherwise have the financial resources to attend these transformational programs on your behalf. These scholarships can be named in your honor or the honor of a loved one.
Many employers will match the value of charitable gifts made by their employees and spouses, doubling or even tripling the impact of your gift to Duke TIP. Please check with your employer’s HR representative to confirm if they match employee giving. You can also visit Duke's Matching Gift portal. You will be able to find details on any matching program your company offers, and its guidelines, by entering in the name of your employer. Duke TIP’s IRS Employer Identification Number (EIN) is needed for Duke University to process matching gifts given to Duke TIP; our EIN is 56-0532129.
Endowed Scholarship Funds
You can also establish an endowed scholarship that will provide support for academically talented and gifted students to participate in perpetuity. These funds can also be named in your honor or the honor of a loved one. Endowed scholarship funds can be established with a minimum commitment of $100,000 payable over one to five years.
Since its founding, Duke TIP has benefited from estate gifts that support need-based scholarships. Please consider including Duke TIP in your estate planning by submitting a confirmation of legacy gift form (PDF).
"Looking back at my academic and professional career, there has not been any experience that has had a more profound impact on my development than the three summers that I attended Duke TIP. TIP shaped who I am intellectually and socially. I am honored to have the opportunity to give back in this tangible way so that future TIP students can experience the outstanding academic programming of TIP."
—TIP alumnus: 1996, '97, and '98