Building futures, changing lives
At Duke TIP, we believe all academically gifted students, regardless of their economic background, deserve the chance to build a brighter future for themselves. We also believe that economic diversity enriches our programs and learning communities, making the Duke TIP experience better for everyone involved.
100% of Your Gift Goes to Making Young Lives Better
Donations to Duke TIP are tax-deductible, and 100 percent of what you give goes directly to need-based student financial aid. We place a priority on making sure we have the resources to help students from all economic backgrounds enroll in our talent searches and attend our educational programs.
As a public-facing unit of Duke University, and as a nonprofit organization with a small endowment and younger alumni constituency, Duke TIP relies heavily on alumni, parent, and organizational donor support to fund our financial aid.
Generous supporters who believe in the power of opportunity enabled Duke TIP to award more than $4.1 million in financial aid to students during our 2018-2019 fiscal year. We thank each and every one of them for their help.
Every Gift Makes a Difference
- $50 gives a 4th–10th grader the chance to be challenged and to grow through our Academic Talent Search.
- $300 provides a 4th–6th grader with a month-long eInvestigators experience, fostering their curiosity and academic skills.
- $600 gives ten students the opportunity to take the ACT or SAT as an above-grade-level test, giving them proof of their abilities so they can advocate for the education they deserve from their schools.
- $1,000 underwrites seven weeks of accelerated instruction for a 7th–10th grader through our eStudies program, helping them focus their interests and hone their abilities.
- $1,500 gives a 4th–6th grader the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to attend CRISIS, our one-week residential summer program that teaches teamwork and research skills.
- $4,500 provides a 7th–10th grader with a Summer Studies Program scholarship, giving them three weeks of an unforgettable academic and residential experience that helps them pinpoint their college and career interests while forging lifelong friendships.
Whatever you give, it can make a big difference in a young life. And we thank you for it.
“I'm genuinely and deeply appreciative of your support in order for me to gain this experience and further my education through TIP...Without people like you there would be many TIP students such as myself unable to attend! I cannot even begin to explain how this experience has impacted my life...Thank you again for your generosity and support."
—Duke TIP scholarship recipient