Summer Studies for 9th-10th Grades
Duke TIP Summer Studies Programs are superb academic opportunities and dynamic social experiences for seventh through tenth graders. These three-week sessions are intense and demanding; students are challenged to think critically about themselves and their world.
Duke TIP Summer Studies offers:
- A community of motivated and engaged peers you won’t likely find anywhere else.
- Course topics and learning opportunities unavailable to most high school students.
- Age-specific programs geared toward gifted students.
- Expert instructors, approximately ninety percent of whom hold or are working toward an advanced degree.
- A stimulating educational model that promotes higher-level thinking through interactive, inquiry-based learning.
- An intense, accelerated pace in the classroom: students attend a single class for seven hours each weekday and three hours on Saturdays.
- Engaging social and residential experiences to complement your academic endeavors.
In order to offer the very best academic and residential experience, Duke TIP organizes program sites based on age group. Certain sites are exclusively for seventh and eighth grade students while other sites are specifically designed for eighth, ninth, and tenth grade students.This age-appropriate programming benefits high school students. You will have the chance to build upon your knowledge by taking courses designed specifically for academically talented ninth and tenth graders like yourself. By dedicating sites to older students, we are able to offer a wide array of challenging, cutting-edge courses.
Score Requirements: Duke TIP offers two levels of summer programs, Academy and Center, which have different score requirements for admission. Please review the SAT and ACT score requirements in Eligibility.